Gates of Harvard Yard
Primary: Gates of Harvard Yard.pdf - 32,816 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Gates of Harvard Yard.pdf - 32,505 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Gates of Harvard Yard.pdf - 41,973 KB/Sec
- Inside Harvard: A Student-Written Guide to the History and Lore of America's Oldest University
- Explore Harvard: The Yard and Beyond
- That Book about Harvard: Surviving the World's Most Famous University, One Embarrassment at a Time
- MIT: An Architectural Tour (The Campus Guide)
- Harvard University: An Architectural Tour (The Campus Guide)
- Golden Hill: A Novel of Old New York
- Why Architecture Matters: Lessons from Chicago
- On the Horseshoe: A Guide to the Historic Campus of the University of South Carolina
- Harvard: An Architectural History (Belknap Press)
- The Secret Life of the Georgian Garden: Beautiful Objects and Agreeable Retreats
The book discusses the architectural intentions of the gates, as well as the human drama behind their fruition—tales of wealth, power, and institutional and personal ambition.
Illustrated with previously unpublished sketches by Roger Erickson, architect and landscape architect; stunning color photographs of each gate by Ralph Lieberman; and a beautiful hand-drawn three-dimensional aerial map of Harvard Yard that denotes the location of each gate by RISD graduate student Christopher Beck.